background

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Fab Fabric and Lace

Oh guys! I am so happy with this little journal!

This is also for a swap at the Junk Journal Junkies FB group. I think I will need to re-create this one for myself!


The cover is canvas that I coffee stained and stamped with my rubber stamps. I layered lace and other trims on it.


I like to print my ephemera on either card stock or regular paper and then I sew it onto a coffee stained paper backing.


I made this flower from some of the baked parchment paper. Have I ever mentioned how much I love the crinkly sound of baked papers and glassine?? LOL


The sheet of music you see in the background is from an ooold 1903 hymnal booklet I found at an estate sale.


You can't see it here, but I added Wink of Stella here on the month image! It's so pretty.


Here's some more of the baked parchment paper I turned into a flower.


The page on the left is part of a digital journal kit from Tsunami Rose. Under the vintage button on the right, is part of an old sewing pattern I tore up.


Here I made a large "glassine" bag out of more baked parchment paper and it goes thru the "spine" and there's a pocket on the other side too.


This was the 1st time I decoupaged part of a napkin into a journal. I used an A2 envelope here and as you can see below, I glued it to the page backwards so when you open it you can hide stuff inside the envelope.


I added a large print out of an old magazine cover to hide the envelope flap, it was less than attractive for sure.


Here's another page from the Tsunami Rose kit I purchased. I adore my little clothes pins, I've stained those too.


Here's the center of the journal. It's a 3-hole pamphlet stitch into the cover. I added little glitter paper hearts to the  end of the heavy duty thread I bound it with.


I sewed a torn page to a book page to create a full sized pocket and I tucked an antique postcard inside. The rose is an image from Pinterest that I fussy cut and used foam tape to add to the page creating a beautiful tuck spot.


Here's an altered paperclip, I used fabric and lace and trim and sewed it to the clip.


Here's the "other"side of the homemade glassine bag.


Another beautiful page of the Tsunami Rose kit, love her work!


Squeeeee, more baby clothes pins!


Added more fabric, making a little gathered embellishment.


Love this retired Stampin Up sentiment! Here's another free rose image I fussy cut.


I used an old Sizzix die to cut out book page flowers to layer here on top of a pocket I cut out from an file folder.


The end.


Here's a picture of all the inserts I made to place thru out the journal. Like I said, I am soooo addicted!

Thanks for stopping by!
Smiles & Hugs!
Peggie Sue

2 comments:

  1. OMHECK! That is just AAHHH-MAZZZ-ING!!! What a FANTASTIC Journal Booklet... your swap partner better step up after seeing this book! You did a fantastic job.. so many wonderful details... :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a little lovin' ~ I really appreciate you.