background

Friday, March 3, 2017

Fabulous Friday!

Welcome to the weekend my friends ~

I have recently unpacked my Cricut and decided I really need to use it more and learn all it can do. I had an original Cricut when they 1st came out and lemme tell you I wore that thing out! Knew that machine inside and out (so did my son, at the time he was like 3.) Then I decided to sell it and get the 2nd machine they put out... I used it but not as much and certainly didn't know it 1/2 as well as I did the 1st machine. Then like an idiot I decided a Silhouette would be so much better. I sold all my 80+ cartridges, the machine and all the mats and tools AND my Cricut Gypsy for next to nothing! I'm still kicking myself for that ever so silly decision!  End result, didn't like the Silhouette and sold it, then I bought the Cricut Explore Air. (See why I soooo regret selling all my other Cricut goodies?!) I've had it for a bit and have used it here and there, but hadn't really invested the time required to leearrrrrn it. So today that changed....

I made these two cards using my sweet little machine. I actually made these cards for 2 wonderful ladies. And me ever being the rebel - wanting to look at something in just a different way, I created the 1st card as a Birthday Gift Thank You card and not an actual Birthday card for the Cut It Up challenge. I added tiny little pearls to the centers of the flowers and to the sentiment. I'm gonna plop it in the mail today.


My next cute little card is for the Kitty Bee Aloha Friday challenge. It's harder to see but, the card front is actually a floral cut out! It's super pretty and behind it I decided to add a bright floral pattern paper to peek out from the floral cut out design. I colored a wee little bear (whos holding flowers) to a blue mat. I popped it up from the card front. I also added Wink Of Stella to his little pink ears, nose and heart and again to his little flowers. I really love this card bunches!!


I had a blast watching a few YouTube vids on the Explore Air and know without a doubt, I will be using this machine a lot more moving forward!

             Challenges:
                       Kitty Bee Designs - #89 Flowers
                       Cut It Up - #116 Birthday

Thanks for stopping by!
Smiles & Hugs!
Peggie Sue

6 comments:

  1. Those cut backgrounds do add a lot to your card fronts! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Peggie Sue! Great projects using the Circut Explore. I bought one but can't stand the software that comes with it, so I don't use it often.

    Thanks for joining us for our Birthday Card challenge at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a hard time with the 2nd machine - go watch MayMay Made it on YouTube. She has a playlist of Explore vids and I have learned a ton from watching those. She's the best teacher ever! It really is an amazing machine.

      Delete
  3. I did the same as you Peggy... except I never sold my cartridges or gypsy.. I hand the original cricut, upgraded to the expression, owned 3 of them and used them ALL, then upgraded to the cricut 2 (hated it), got the Imagine (LOVED IT), then bought the Explore (HATED IT)... Only because I also owned a Silhouette Cameo and fell in LOVE with it, the first time I tried it... So I slowly got rid of ALL my Cricut machines... Now I don't have any cricut machines, but I still have my gypsy & cartridges... I've been slowly selling my cartridges... Don't need them... LOL But I'm glad you found a machine that works for you... Hope you learn more about it and enjoy it... Your cards turned out wonderful! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling cards!
    I have the Silhouette and the Cricut Expression and I love them both.
    Thanks for joining Cut It Up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOve the backgrounds you cut out! So pretty! Thanks for joining Kitty Bee this week! Connie KB DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a little lovin' ~ I really appreciate you.