background

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Twinkling Friendships

Hello my friends ~

I've been trying some new things lately and I just have to share with you! AND I would like to share the company were I purchased all the special paints from: ColourArte


It's a Fab-U-Kitty company with wonderful products to use with all your crafting projects! So, on to my card ~


Ooooo, isn't it pretty?? I have been a long admirer of art journals and the beautiful creativity that are contained within. This card is a foot in the door using ColourArts Twinkling H2O's. They are gorgeous hardpan watercolors with intense color and a brilliant shimmer.


 Here are mine. To use them you will need to spritz them with water and let them sit for 4 or so min. You can also spritz a bit of water on a sheet of acetate to aid in mixing and painting, which is what I do. Oh, make sure you let them dry completely before closing them back up or they could seal themselves shut as they dry. I chose to use paint brushes as opposed to "water brush pens". I stamped my image (retired Stampin Up set) onto water color paper using Memento Ink. Be sure you let it dry totally or you could have bleeding as you wet the paper.


Then you have all the fun in the world painting like normal. I used colors from two separate kits: Winter Fire and Sugar & Spice. I used Blue Ice to paint an all over sky background. I then used Golden Opel to paint the watering pitcher and shovel tip. I just used the same color with less water to make the darker parts of the watering pitcher. I painted the two pots with a mix of Blue Ice and Periwinkle, again using less water to make the darker shadows. I decided to make my little flowers pink using Cherry Sorbet (yummy color!) I decided the little green "flowers" at the bottom were shamrocks and I used a mix of Sea Glass and Sage to paint them. Now I decided to use my Distress Markers to color the grass stems and the handle of the garden spade, using frayed burlap, shabby shutters, bundled sage with a pinch of pumice stone. I painted the dirt by mixing Sage and Golden Opal.


I tried several times to show you the insane shimmer and my camera just couldn't pick it up without a crazy blur of the card itself. I had a blast working with ColourArts Twinkling H2O's and I know I will continue to use them and learning new techniques too! I think I would like to try these beautiful colors and the Northern Lights technique on my next Christmas card! Make sure you check out these beautiful special water colors and all the other wonderful products at ColourArts site ~ OH ~ they even have a monthly challenge on their blog!

Thanks for stopping by!
Smiles & Hugs!
Peggie Sue

3 comments:

  1. nice job, thanks for your interest in being a part of the Colourarte DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Beautifully done!!! LOVE it! :) Have a Crafty Day!

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love the painting and colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a little lovin' ~ I really appreciate you.