background

Thursday, June 25, 2015

'Tis The Season

Yep - it's coming quickly, better get ready now! =) I know I always have great intentions of having all my Christmas cards made, signed, addressed and ready to go into the mailbox the day after Thanksgiving. It just so happens I can help you with that. Check this out: 'Tis The Season. It a great little card challenge blog focused with only Christmas cards (projects!) I adore a great challenge and will more motivated trying to meet the challenge than left to my own devices. Sad huh?


I'd been playing along with them for only a short while when they opened the blog for new DT members. I figured since I was already enjoying playing along with the challenges I might as well toss my hat into the ring. And now I'm a very tickled member of the  'Tis The Season Design team. :big huge grin:

The challenges run for two weeks at a time. The challenge details will post on Thursdays and close two Tuesday's later. That following day (Wednesday's) Holly will post the winner and the next challenge will start the next day (Thursday.) Easy Peasy and so much fun!

Here's the challenge fort eh next two weeks: Navy, sand and concord! Wonderful rich colors for a Christmas card!

 
The card I used for the actual challenge is this one:
 
 
 
I decided to give my Cricut some action this week. I'm still getting use to it. The stocking have three layers, concord on the bottom. It's hard to see here, but in person it sure does pop! The sentiment is from the Lawn Fawn Joy to the Woods (love this set!) I added two of my home baked "enamel" dots.
 
I then decided to make this cute little guy, a very CAS type gift card. This cute card  may be small (only 4.25 x 4.25),  but it holds a big gift! It's a gift card holder.
 

It was super easy to create, the inside has fold up angled flap I glued down to hold the gift card. And I mounted the little brown flap card onto a grape colored layer. The cardstock and ribbon are retired SU and the stamped image is Inkadinkadoo. Love the vintage feel!

Watch here for the next challenge, I've already created a cute set of cards!  Okay, it's your turn! Get a start on all you holiday cards and toss your card into the mix for the fun! I hope to see you at 'Tis The Season!

Thanks for stopping by!
Smiles & Hugs!
Peggie Sue

3 comments:

  1. Such lovely Cards!!! LOVE the Color Combo on this challenge!!! If I didn't have a billion other things I'm suppose to be doing.. I might actually try and play along! Have a Crafty Day!! :)

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're glad you tried out for the DT, we're thrilled to have you on the team!

    I love both cards, they're both so much fun! Great job with the colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa - I've been super excited about being part of the TTS DT - I just love making Christmas cards and your guys always create such fun challenges and wonderful inspirational pieces!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a little lovin' ~ I really appreciate you.