background

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Betty Crocker never cooked like this....

Hi, been busy in my craft room and kitchen today. Making DT projects and baking my own enamel dots!  If you try this, I promise you will become addicted. I've baked these before but this time I took a few pics to share with you guys. These are the pony beads from Joann's. I got the multi packs of shimmer and plain. I looove the shimmery ones best.  Here they are before:


May sure you use parchment paper on your pan. Space them out a bit and bake. I've baked mine at 375  for 24 mins AND at 425 for about 18 mins. Of course your stove may be different form mine so just keep an eye on them. The longer you bake them, the more they spread. Easy Peasy lemon Squeezy! Here they are fresh outta the "ur-vin":


I did try those perler beads and had zero luck, think I may try them again cuz we have like a hundred gazillion or so. With each batch I bake, the smell bothers me more. So, be warned, the smell can be strong, I mean it's plastic so go "'figg-ger", huh?

I'll let you know what else I bake and it's worth trying. Gonna look at the stores this weekend to melt more goodies I hope. I've always wanted to bake ribbon to make curly q's - maybe I'll try that this weekend too!

Yesterday I made this cute little basket:


It uses one sheet of 6x6 and you waste nothing. Here's a link to the tute: Bibi Cameron . I adore her accent and could listen to her all day.  She has two vids to show you three different sizes. Easy and fun. I could see these being addictive too! I used some cute (& free) paper that was sent to me in my Lawn Fawn order. Super cute and great quality. Okay, off to put my new enamel dots into their storage container.

Thanks for stopping by!
Smiles & Hugs!
Peggie Sue

1 comment:

  1. Those pony beads look so pretty... I may have to try them instead of the other ones I have... And your basket/ purse is adorable! LOVE it! Have fun baking & Crafting! HA! :)

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a little lovin' ~ I really appreciate you.