background

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Flowers Obsession!

Oh my, this started with a SCS swap for hand made flowers. I couldn't stop! There are so may tutorials on line I've wanted to make forever. So, it was the perfect time. I even took 3 spots in the actual swap!


Okay, the tissue looking flowers are made from an old sewing pattern that I cannot find the directions for. They were super easy and way fun! I made yo-yo flowers by stacking different sized yo-yos. I made burnt edge flowers gathered flowers, wrapped flowers and I even hand wrapped a flower of of muslin, sewed it together using my doll needled and then mounted it on canvas! I gave those flowers a little spritz of home made glimmer mist! I still haven't even broken the surface of all the lovely hand made flower tutorials out on the great wide web. So, this flower obsession is far from over.....

So, I have more than I needed for the swap. I will use some for another swap I am in. That one you make special gifts for a fellow swapper. It's addictive and so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a little lovin' ~ I really appreciate you.