background

Friday, October 22, 2010

XBox Gaming Machines and Classic Coach Handbags

Lemme guess. You are wondering just how XBox  and Coach go together. Well, sit back right back a spell and lemme 'splain sumpin tooo ya!

I have been watching 2nd hand shops for a looooong time really wanting a Coach Signature Fabric with Red Leather Trim Medium Carly Hobo Bag (Style #10619) Retails for $348.00 and up (can you tell how much I want this bag??) Okay, well, today I found a perfect and I do mean perfect specimen. It's more than 1/2 off!! It's pre-owned (with certification) and they are asking $159.00. Okay, yeah you must agree - that's a great price but still outta my price range thank you very much!      =(    This is me being super sad.

So, here's where MY superb math skills come in. Hubby's been mowing the back yard, I'm inside with little man eating dinner (Chinese, yummie!)  He comes in all hot and sweaty (and to tell ya the truth - rather sexy!) I innocently look at him and ask (with oodles of love in my eyes) "Honey, IF we had the money, would you spend, say, $150.00 on me for Christmas???"  He quickly responds "Nope"  After he and I cleaned up the coke I spewed from laughing, he said "Of course."

Now at this point he's starting to get a little suspicious and asks me why. *****Now, here's where my years as financial controller kick in*****  I look lovingly at him and nicely, softly, say "How much was the very 1st XBox we bought? $500 right? And the one downstairs (do you see where I'm going??) was $400.00? And the new one that just came out we'll no doubt buy you .... cuz YOU deserve it .... is like $300.00 right?" I said "Wow, that's like (I count sorta aloud but not kinda like an innocent child does)  over $1,100.00 - right?  Plus all those special games we get for you ... .... cuz YOU deserve them ....  Sweetie, all I am asking for is a little 'ole $150.00 dollar purse."

Now at this point I think Charlie Daniels said it best when he said (and I quote)

The devil bowed his head because he knew that he'd been beat.
He laid that golden fiddle on the ground at Johnny's feet.
Johnny said: "Devil just come on back if you ever want to try again.
"I told you once, you son of a gun, I'm the best that's ever been."

God I LOVE my husband! He's the best thing that has ever happened to me and I am so happy and proud to share his last name and our lives!!

BTW - The owner agreed to break the payments up  - I'll take pictures when I bring my purse home! tee hee  Later ya'll  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a little lovin' ~ I really appreciate you.