background

Friday, October 22, 2010

Good Morning!!

I have a desire to start blogging again and decided to start a new blog under a new name. Here I will try to share what I am in to and some things about my family and what they are in to! =)

Right now I am into crocheting something fierce! A few months ago, I finished this afghan that I'd started right around the time of my 1st stroke, late 2008. It was a strip piece and was the 1st time I'd tried that! I had to whip stitch the strips together when I was done... here's a pic.



Sorry the pic is dim. I am not a fantastic photographer. The blanket is bot as wobble-wobble in person as it looks here in the pic. I love this afferkin - I know that's not how you spell it, it's just how I say it!!

And now I am really into Granny Squares! Not sure why, but oh my golly gosh!! Here's where I am right now:



I have many more to go, but it's so addictive that I am like a crochet machine and it's moving rather quickly!! I can;t wait to see when it's all together! I've been doing a lot of this cuz I had another little stroke episode thing, so I have slowed down a lot! It's a great thing I enjoy this so much! I am challenging myself to try new to me things. I have some friends that are having twins, so I will sew a nice baby blanket and edge it with a crochet edging. Then I will learn how to crochet socks and slippers. =) Oh, so much to do! tee hee  OH - I wanna learn amigurumi too!  Amigurumi (ah-mee-goo-roo-mee) is the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting small stuffed animals and anthropomorphic creatures. The word is derived from a combination of the Japanese words ami, meaning crocheted or knitted, and nuigurumi, meaning stuffed doll. Usually they are VERY small. I have a hard time crocheting in the round and most all amigurumi is crocheted in the round! bummer

I have however, not really been playing in my craft room. Haven't for months. I think cuz it's so full of things and possible projects that it's overwhelming to me. Dog gone brain!  Oh well, it is what it is.

Gotta go, have to get cleaned up to run errands. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a little lovin' ~ I really appreciate you.